Cooking at home has major benefits, not only nutritionally, but it also helps develop a relationship with the food on your plate – or the fuel for the cells of your whole body!
- Firstly, you know what you are eating and can control the amount of hidden unwanted ingredients, such excess salt, sugar, unhealthy fats and calories that contribute to adversely affecting your health.
- Secondly, when cooking at home, you can ensure that freshness and nourishment are in place to support the health of whole family.
- Thirdly, its a great way to spend time together! – sharing the tasks in the kitchen, its preparation and the meal.
Cooking at home doesn’t have to be complicated – you can make it as simple as you like! Interestingly, the simpler the meal the more likely it is to be more nourishing, as it involves the least amount of processing.
Preparing healthy meals at home supports and improves your health in many ways.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Adopting a diet of healthy home-cooked meals can increase your resilience to illnesses and boost your mood and outlook.
- It is more economical and of greater quality.
- Emotional and social benefits include eating with family, which is a great way to bond and share with loved ones.
- The simple process of cooking at home can be empowering and improve mood and self-esteem.
- You can expand your social circle by inviting friends to join in, which can alleviate stress.
- Eating wholesome meals can even add joy to life. Feeling healthier brings positive attitude and happiness.
- When cooking your meals think positive thoughts and add the extra love ingredient to share with others.
- Your meals are more than just food – they are the fuel for every single cell in your body, so make the most of it!
- Teaching children from an early age will prepare them for the rest of their lives.
Make it fun too!